Baby Shower Cake

This week I made my first baby shower cake. It's a chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling, made with 70% Green & Blacks and double cream...nice and healthy!! ;-)

I wasn't sure of a design to use but then I saw these super cute baby clothes cutters at Cakes 4 Fun and the decision was made.
The recipient didn't know if she was having a girl or a boy, so I went for both pink and blue which adds a bit of interest to the cake. It was really simple to make using the cutters and the washing line is just a line of piped royal icing. To make the clothes look slightly more realistic I also piped on buttons and used the end of a piping nozzle to cut in some details.
The finishing touch was the teddy and blocks on the top, which is just teddy bear brown icing (unsurprisingly) with CMC added to stiffen it up. To add the stitch detail, a stitching wheel was used and the eyes are just black paste colour on the end of a cocktail stick and then pushed in to the icing.

The result is a really cute baby shower cake, based on a design by Cakes 4 Fun, which was well received by the baby shower ladies!