Conversation with Rachel

Last evening I sat on the front porch and painted the girls' finger and toe nails.  As always, Rachel insisted that I paint the teeny tiny nails on her little hand.  She was admiring her sparkly pink polish while I painted Katherine's toes.  Suddenly this amazing little conversation sprang up.

R: What happened?
Me:  What do you mean?
R: What happened on my hand.  Where did my fingers go?
Me:  They didn't go anywhere, hon.  They just never grew.  When you were in your birth mother's tummy your hand just didn't grow.  No one knows why, that's just how it is.
R: [staring at her nubbins] Huh.  Just didn't grow.  [turns to me]  When I in your tummy, you FAT!
Me:  Well, you weren't in my tummy - you were in your birth mother's tummy.  But, yeah, she was probably fat.
R:  She have BIG, BIG tummy! [skips off]  Oh!  Look!  I see a ant!

Oh these unexpected little conversations are so interesting...