My Shopping List

My actual shopping list.

It's Friday night, time for me to start thinking about my weekly trip to Super Target to pick up groceries and what-not for the week.  Now, I'm not a very organized person in most areas of my life, but when it comes to food, I guess I am.  For, oh, I don't know, about twelve years now, I've used a Word document to store a semi-permanent shopping list.  The list contains all of my staples I purchase on a regular basis and is somewhat organized according to my route I shop through the store.  When I type it out like this, I realize how anal retentive it sounds, but it works for me, and it helps remind me of what I need because I hate getting to the store without a list and then forgetting one or more items that I have to go BACK to the store for.  It annoys me to start preparing a meal or a dessert only to realize too late that I'm missing a key ingredient.
I make changes as my kids grow and as our tastes change.  For instance, I removed "diapers" from the list a good seven years ago and have recently added gluten-free flour, which, actually probably needs to be removed for the time being.  Anyway, when it's time for a shopping trip, I just print out the list.  Then all I have to do is highlight the items I want to buy.  I also have lines at the end of each section in case I have a write-in item that I only intend to buy once.
If this sounds good to you, give it a try.  If you think I'm a complete weirdo for doing this, click on one of the yummy photos to the right.