Egg Box Mini Cupcakes

I've been thinking for the last couple of weeks about alternatives to giving Easter eggs this year and then I remembered this idea that I had seen in a cake shop window a few years ago. The mini cupcakes look so cute and are a refreshing change from the mass produced Easter eggs.
I've never made mini cupcakes before and had to have a good search around online to find appropriate recipes. In the end I settled on vanilla cupcakes from The Daily Home and chocolate cupcakes from BBC Food. I did however half each recipe, otherwise I would have ended up with about 100 mini cupcakes...not a bad thing I hear you say!!
The chocolate cupcakes looked particularly tempting as there is buttermilk in the recipe and also double cream in the icing! To finish them off I used some chocolate sprinkles, as well as some mini Easter eggs and chicks. Mini eggs would also work really well. You can't see them in the picture but the cakes are baked in these Hop n' Tweet cupcake cases...they're so adorable and also have tulips around the sides.

These egg box mini cupcakes make a super cute treat...and because they're a homemade gift it shows you care!
These are also my first entry into the April Teatime Treats challenge with the theme being Easter...obviously!! Teatime treats is hosted by Lavender and Lovage and What Kate Baked, why not check out the bumper scone entries submitted in March.