Lemon Loaf Cake (w/Lemony Glaze & Candied Lemons) [TWD]


This week's Tuesday's With Dorie recipe was Lemon Loaf Cake. It's your basic dense lemon loaf, perfect for serving with coffee or tea. You can't really tell in the photos but I made my loaves mini.

Lemon Loaf Cake with Lemon Glaze and Candied Lemon Slices

I decided to upgrade this basic loaf with a lemony glaze and some candied lemon slices. I've never had candied lemon before and I found it to be a little too sweet for my taste. It sure did look nice though ;)

Lemon Loaf Cake with Lemon Glaze and Candied Lemon Slices

The lemon glaze worked extremely well with this loaf. I only put the glaze on one of my loaves, just in case it didn't turn out well, and I much preferred the glazed loaf over the plain. I ate mine toasted with blueberry preserves, YUM!

Lemon Loaf Cake with Lemon Glaze and Candied Lemon Slices

To make the lemon glaze, all you need is 1 cup of confectioners' sugar, sifted, and 1 lemon. Squeeze lemon juice into the sugar until the icing is thin enough to drizzle over the loaf. (You might need a second lemon depending on the size of your lemons.)


The recipe for the loaf can be found on this week's hosts' blogs, here and here, as well as in the Baking With Julia book.