Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream -- Tuesdays with Dorie


Don't you just hate it when you find a recipe, it sounds delicious, you love the ingredients, but it just doesn't work for your tastebuds? I hate to say it but that's how I feel about this Blueberry Sour Cream Ice Cream :( I love blueberries, I like sour cream, I like ice cream, it sounded great and I was so excited when Dolores, of Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity , chose this blueberry ice cream recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie group, but I just wasn't happy with then end result, sorry! Maybe I had my hopes up too high? I don't know, this flavor combo just wasn't working for me. I felt the ice cream was way too rich, I could barely handle more than a couple of bites, and the sour cream flavor was too strong. My blueberry loving kids also did not care for this, if you can believe kids don't want ice cream, after a few bites they wanted 'a different' ice cream, and when I offered it to them again they declined!
I wish I had more to report, more pictures of fun things I did with this ice cream, but I don't. It was a beautiful color, easy to make, and got me in the Thanksgiving mood...because when I was preparing the blueberries and waiting for them to 'burst' in the saucepan I was taken to November in my mind, stirring cranberries until they popped and making the cranberry sauce for our Thanksgiving feast. So thank you, blueberry sour cream ice cream, for reminding me of one of my favorite times of the year :)