Honey French Bread



This is one of our favorite bread recipes, originally from allrecipes, love that site! This bread is so easy and turns out a perfectly crispy crust and soft exterior. It is such a versatile recipe and can be made in the bread machine if you halve the ingredients, the ones listed below make two loaves...and with bread this delicious you will want two loaves :)

1-1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon olive oil
1-1/4 teaspoons salt
1-1/4 teaspoons white sugar
4 cups bread flour
1 tablespoon active dry yeast

From there you can do the dough by hand or put it in your bread machine for the dough cycle, if you want to actually bake the bread in there you need to halve the ingredients, I know I already said that, but I don't want anyone to try and make a big mess and be mad at me :) Shape the loaves, bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes. So easy and just an amazing bread, great for paninis, or just to serve with a meal with some butter and/or jam.



I'm posting this recipe for My Kitchen My World, this week we could do a recipe from our home country or a recipe from a country we enjoy watching in the Olympics. I am not French but have to say that I enjoyed watching Alain Bernard in swimming. He kept it interesting :) My kids and I have really enjoyed watching the Olympics this past week, especially the swimming (Go Michael Phelps!) and gymnastics. I am so proud of our American medalists, we have so many amazing athletes from around our country and it is a joy to watch them excel.

I'm not sure how authentic this "French" bread is, but it has French in the title, and we love it, so I hope you all don't mind me sharing it for My Kitchen My World. I just saw that next week we will be visiting Jamaica with our taste buds and am super excited about making a Jamaican meal, what fun!