Creme Brulee & Quintuple Chocolate Brownies -- Tuesdays with Dorie




I don't have a lot to say this week, I do not like eggy desserts so only had a half a teaspoon taste of the creme brulee, but my kids enjoyed it! Even though I am not a fan of creme brulee I do have a creme brulee set with a mini torch, it was a gift from someone who knows I like foodie stuff but didn't know I wasn't a fan of this particular foodie treat, really one of those gifts that falls into the category of "it's the thought that counts" :) I'm glad I finally got to use my little creme brulee set thanks to the very sweet Mari of Mevrouw Cupcake , who picked this week's TWD recipe.



My little sweetheart with her creme brulee, she wasn't quite sure about it at first, but ended up enjoying it :)



I made the Quintuple Chocolate Brownies as a part of my attempt to complete all of the TWD recipes I missed before I joined last summer and thought I'd post them along with the creme brulee. Dorie suggests salted cashews or peanuts in these brownies and I made the mistake of going with peanuts because I had some on hand. They really ruined these brownies for me, I think I got a bad batch of peanuts because I am a peanut fan and like pretty much anything in a brownie but these just clashed so much with the sophisticated taste that I think the brownies were trying for. I think that the best nut choice for these brownies would have been macadamia nuts, but probably even better to just leave the nuts off so you can really enjoy the deep chocolate flavors.