My Kitchen My World -- Argentina




The country of the week is Argentina, chosen by Teresa of I'm Running to Eat -- thanks Teresa! I made Argentine Lentil Stew, which was amazing, corn and cheese empanadas, and Argentine Easter bread! I didn't know too much about the foods of Argentina before starting to research my meal for this week.




I had heard of empanadas and thought they were mainly Mexican but I guess they are popular all over South America, especially Argentina, and I found a variety with corn and cheese which is popular in Argentina! I called them 'corn pockets' and hoped the kids would like them, as usual my one year old was the only eater adventerous eough to give them a try, oh-well. They were tasty and fun to make.








The lentil stew has apples, carrots, and organic red lentils, really really delicious stuff, even though the pictures of it aren't too flattering. The Argentine Easter bread is an egg bread that reminds me of a challah (which I LOVE) and it has dried lemon and orange zest, and also raisins, can't go wrong with raisin bread :)