Happy Thanksgiving -- Barefoot Bloggers Mexican Vegetable Soup

I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to this very special day! I'm busy in the kitchen, but sneaking over to the computer for just a minute for a quick Barefoot Bloggers post. Judy from Judy’s Gross Eats picked the last BB recipe for November, Ina's Mexican Chicken Soup which can be found in Barefoot Contessa at Home. I changed this recipe around a bit...I left out the chicken, used vegetable broth instead of chicken, doubled the veggies and added corn, and also used dried cilantro instead of fresh. Loved this soup! This was the first tortilla soup I've ever had and the flavors were amazing. I wasn't even sure if it would turn out since it's supposed to be a 'chicken' soup but after making this for dinner last night with some cheddar cornbread sticks I know that this will be made again and again. Thanks, Judy!


I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday with family and friends or however you chose to spend this day!