Caramel Crunch Bars -- Tuesdays with Dorie


This week for Tuesdays with Dorie we made Caramel Crunch Bars, a super easy sweet treat! These were a big hit at our house, especially with my husband who loves crispy treats -- he wants all the edges, while I like the middle pieces :)





I made a few changes to the recipe, instead of 1 teaspoon espresso powder I used 1 teaspoon chocolate malted milk powder, and also left the 3 ounces of chopped chocolate out of the base. I figured the chocolate on top would be plenty... for the top chocolate I used semisweet morsels which melted fine. Everything came together easily and for me the baking times and temperatures were right on. These reminded me of a Skor Bar (which I love) with a shortbread cookie base.





I would make these again for sure as a quick party treat or to help fill up a cookie tray. Thank you so much to Whitney of What’s left on the table? who picked these easy delicious cookie bars. These were a fun drama free pick for TWD -- I do have to apologize for the not so great pictures of these though -- I was a procrastinator and waited until the last minute (Monday night) to make these, so no fancy photos with natural light, sorry!




See you next week TWD friends, thanks for visiting :)