Chocolate Chip Mickey and Minnie Mouse Waffles -- Tyler Florence Fridays


This week for Tyler Florence Fridays (which has been more like Tyler Florence Friday Breakfast around here lately) I made Tyler's
Pancakes from Tyler's Muffin, Pancake, and Waffle Batter. This is the second time I've used this recipe, the first time I made pancakes for a TFF a few weeks ago, they turned out really nicely and I was excited to give this batter a go in the waffle iron. If there is a recipe that will make great pancakes and great waffles, it's definitely one I was in my recipe box!

Tyler's Muffin, Pancake or Waffle Batter
(made as waffles)

4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
4 lightly beaten eggs
2 cups whole milk
1 cup (2 sticks) butter , melted, then cooled slightly
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter chips


To make waffles: Preheat a waffle iron.


Fold the chips into the batter until well blended. Drop equal amounts of batter onto the heated waffle iron. When bubbles rise from the center of each waffle, close the top and continue to cook until crisp, about 3 minutes.Keep cooked waffles warm in a 200° oven until you have cooked off the remaining waffles.


Makes 6 to 8 waffles.

Changes and Results: I left out the nutmeg -- which I personally love but the kids aren't too keen on, used only chocolate chips, and halved the recipe. These turned out great in my Vitantonio - Villaware Mickey and Minnie Sandwich and Waffle Maker. This makes really thick cakey waffles and these were just perfect for the kids. We absolutely love shaped waffles around here, they make breakfast so much fun :)

I will have to try it in our Belgian waffle iron at some point, I think that will be the real test of this recipe, but so far I'm impressed. The kids loved their chocolate chip waffles with some whipped cream, sprinkles, and strawberries. What a special way to start the weekend!