Mango Pineapple Bread -- Tuesdays with Dorie


Thank you to Kelly of Baking with the Boys, who selected Fresh Mango Bread as our Tuesdays with Dorie treat of the week. I was really excited about this recipe, I love fruity quick breads and couldn't wait to give this recipe a try.

Unfortunately, the mangoes I specifically bought for this bread went bad in my produce drawer in the fridge, and I didn't notice until I was about to make this bread. We live way too far away to drive "to town" for one ingredient that might or might not be available :( I remembered reading a substitution suggestion of pineapple in the P&Q section on the TWD site, and thought that sounded like a great idea.


Since I had some mango jam in the pantry (which I order from netgrocer, don't even think about finding mango jam around here), I opened that up and added 1/4 cup mango jam to the bread batter, just to give a little mango flavor to my sad mango-less mango bread.


This bread turned out great, a little crispy on the edges, nice and moist inside. I'm excited to taste it after it has had a chance to rest overnight. Update: this bread is even better after resting for a night, the kids and I loved it and will be making it again for sure! Picky husband doesn't eat pineapple, but I bet he'll have a taste when I make it with mangoes. I have to apologize to Kelly that I didn't get to make this recipe as written, but promise to try it again with mangoes as soon as I get my hands on some.



Before and after baking...served with butter and more mango jam :)