STAY-CATION day one

Since it's a bit hard to travel these days and summer is quickly ticking away, as this is my last full week before work starts up again- Tony and I have fallen for the latest trend in vacation travel- we decided to take a STAY-CATION. Our plan for day one was to sleep in, take the girls swimming, have a BBQ and watch a movie. Well the girls slept till 8:00 today, so yes we were able to sleep in a bit later than usual! Sun and Swimming here we come.
Tony has not started a book since the girls were born. Today he started reading Lisey's story by Steven King- He's in heaven.




The girls and I had a ton of fun in the pool with their new floaty- It was a hit!

One of my all time favorite passtimes is to lay poolside soaking up the sun, reading a chic magazine or a cheesy novel, and drinking a margarita. I thought those days were over, at least for the next five years or so. Well, today I found out that that was not the case. The girls took a little snooze in the stroller so I got the chance to just lay out, read a mag, and sip well not on a Margarita but some water out of a sippy cup. Hey- I'll take it!

Lola's taking after her mom!



Fun time on the grill, Thanks Amy for the great burgers.

Lemon drops were good too, but I would not recommend the movie- Pineapple Express two thumbs down from this end- I'm sure I'm in the minority on that one.