in my yard

Is it true that birds can hear worms crawling underground? It sure looks to me like our pullets can.

62410GN-31

62410GN-29

62410GN-30

Just after I took this shot, she pulled a big juicy worm out of the grass, but I was too busy watching in amazement to snap a shot. So you’ll just have to believe me.

Okay, maybe she just had her eye on that innocent worm before chowing down on it.

62410GN-32

I asked the girls about it, but they turned on their heels without a word and showed me this view. Then they marched off to eat some raspberries.

62410GN-42

We’ve picked big bowls full of these beautiful red gems every day this week.

62410GN-36

Today I discovered these red lovelies. They were still in plastic containers. Peaking out from amongst the plants still needing to be planted in the yard.

Summer is finally here!