Cream Cheese & Dried Beef Dip

Cream Cheese & Dried Beef Dip

I don't even know what the official name of this recipe is, but I know I love it.  One of my colleagues at Clive Elementary makes this once or twice a year for various staff luncheons, birthdays, what have you.  She brings a huge bowl of the stuff alongside a huge bowl of bagel pieces that she has lovingly cut into bite-sized pieces for us to devour over the course of the day.  And devour it we do.

I finally got the recipe and made it myself, and oh my goodness.  I need to limit myself to once or twice a year with this recipe too, because it's addicting.  One recipe is plenty, but if you're making it for a crowd, I suggest making a recipe and a half.  That way, you ensure leftovers for yourself.  What you see pictured above is actually a half recipe.

Ingredients

  • 2 packages cream cheese (8 oz. each)
  • 16 oz. sour cream
  • 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
  • 1 teaspoon garlic powder (not garlic salt, but garlic POWDER)
  • 1 (5 oz.) jar Hormel dried beef, chopped up
  • 6-8 plain bagels, sliced and cut into 8ths or 12ths.

Directions:
Mix the first five ingredients together, refrigerate, and serve with bagels.
Just so you know what you're looking for in the store.