Beggar's Linguine


Time for French Fridays with Dorie! Today's recipe is Beggar's Linguine and let me tell you, I was so excited to give this recipe a try. You know how when you first page through a new cookbook and one recipe stands out to you, well this was that recipe for me with Around My French Table. It just sounded so delicious and like such a new combination of flavors and textures -- and it's pasta -- one of my very favorite foods.


To do this dish justice I had to make fresh linguine. Then I got the add-ins ready; pistachios, almonds, figs, and instead of raisins (we were out) I used dried Michigan montmorency cherries. Not pictured is the zest, I used the zest of a Minneola Tangelo, which was a nice bright orange -- and also the freshly grated parmigiano reggiano.



Please excuse the bad photos of this recipe, hubby had been messing around with the camera settings and I hadn't switched them back before I started shooting and didn't notice they were not quite right until I uploaded them.

Above, the add-ins are simmering in butter.

This was such a yummy lunch. I am happy I used fresh pasta as I think that really helped make this a special dish. Kids weren't too keen on this dish, oh-well. I thought it was great, and it was nice to use some figs, which I like but always forget about. Another delicious dish with the FFwD gang :)