countdown to summer!

Summer is fast approaching, a student of mine reminded me today that there are only 13 school days left. If my student only knew that I was probably more excited than they were! I remember thinking that my teachers were bummed when summer came and that they couldn't wait for the school year to begin again, man was I wrong. I know understand that teachers look more forward to the summer break than any of their students. Needless to say I have a lot planned for this coming summer... Here is the top twelve list of to-dos this summer in no particular order:

1) potty train the girls
2) re-do our other bathroom (it's in dire need)
3) go on a mini vacation with just our family of four (we have tentative plans to spend a few days Santa Barbara)
4) spend many days with the girls doing nothing but toddler fun!
5) catch up on some much needed play dates
6) finally finish my on-going garage make over
7) stick to a fitness/work out plan- I have been on and off for too long now
8) get the girls swim lessons (found a great deal at the military rec center)
9) spend as much time at the beach as possible -my goal is to get on my surf board at least once this summer
10) cook real dinners for my family (I've been slacking lately)
11)relax, slow down, and take it easy (what ever that means with two toddlers?)
12) Also, I have sinus surgery planned the day after school gets out... that is my ultimate goal to- rid myself of my sinus problems once and for all- I have had constant reaccruing sinus infections for the past six months...fingers crossed.


Most of all I am just looking forward to spending time with these munchkins...