Biological Farmers of Australia

Biological Farmers of Australia Organic Schools program



I am just sitting here planning what environmental activities we are going to do with our Junior Landcare Group this term at school and thought I'd share this wonderful site.http://www.organicschools.com.au/. Would be great site for home schoolers as well.

I have used the first 3 lesson plans with our own modifications with great success.  We did the nutrition lesson outside, I brought in pretend food rather than using the pictures as it was easier to show the group.  Following talking about nutrition and eating a rainbow we made a rainbow fruit salad to share, made a huge rainbow out of flowers and a paper collage rainbow using vegetables and fruit pictures.
(not my rainbow but you get the idea)

I am tossing up between lesson 4 or 5 for this term but it also depends upon what the kids are doing as their themes.  The site is really a wonderful help as it has class notes, materials and preparation required all their for you.