Winter Wednesday

My favourite bits of Wednesday

Baking - Jam Doughnut Cupcakes. With helpers and bowl lickers.
Zuchinni ricotta pasta for dinner (not my pic), with zuchinni chopper and fry pan stirrer. I used wholemeal pasta and not as much mint, as I couldn't find much in the dark - delicious.

Click pic for recipe

Rain and wind gusting.
Dash outside before the mail gets wet.
Little one brings in some Camelias - they are a big proud pink extravaganza at the moment.

Eating cup cake - the jam that was meant to be in the middle swam to the bottom of each cake - we made most of them upside down jam cakes - still delicious. She's wearing two jumpers indoors - she kept complaining she was cold - think the bug we've got gave her the shivers.

Reminisce happily on yesterdays Op shop finds.
Pastel striped sheet - bunting?

 Lovely soft picnic blanket that folds up with handle - was quite doggy but has washed up a treat.

 Rainbow shoe laces and plastic thingies


Two Indonesian language books - I want to learn and teach the kids - they're meant to be learning at school but its not happening.  My parents live in Jakarta.

I ummed and aahed whether to get this as it's a while away for the little one to wear it - Then when I thought it was too sweet to leave and went to pay, discovered it was half price ($1.50), why was I agonising?.  Has beautiful vintage lace bits.


 Little Bo Peep smocked number, little one said maybe not, but I'm hoping she'll change her mind.

Batik Indonesian thing - thought it might be good for a display at school - or perhaps just to clutter up the house. 


Unopened mask for the dress up box 


Some stretchy camel velvet.

Also: some more kids books that have already disappeared into bedrooms - including activities for boys and things to make with paper.  A few novels for me.  A jar of blackcurrant jam (I hope we get enough currants for jam this year) Finally, a new red school polo top (unopended) that the big one wore for school photos today and a lovely unworn jumper (with label still attached) she put it on straight away and wouldn't take it off.

Best bit about today - three smoochy kids on the couch - cuddling and snuggling and vying for my attention. Ah to feel loved. Silly dad dance was also quite funny.


Join in with Hazel http://hazel-dene.blogspot.com/2011/08/winter-wednesday-12.html to see how others are enjoying the last couple of weeks of Winter.