Apricot Coconut Bally Goodness

Our good friend Latonia, or "O-ney" as Aiden has dubbed her, is on her way to our house as we speak. She used to live in Calgary but moved away almost two years ago. We miss her terribly but we do get to see her when she comes back every few months for a visit. And because she's only here for a week at a time and has so many friends (she's a very popular lady) our visits are short and sweet.

To up the specialness of her visits I like to make a treat for us for our play-dates. This morning I was all set to make a cheesecake only to discover that my whipping cream had gone off. In lieu of cheesecake I scoured my pantry to search for some useable ingredients. Aha, I found some condensed milk, some apricots and some coconut balls. Apricot Coconut Balls it is.

These ooey gooey treats are easy to whip up at a moments notice (I made mine today using one arm while holding my fabulous sous chef with my other arm), and require only three ingredients. You can also enlist the help of your little one with the stirring and the rolling of the balls. They are relatively healthy and make a great play-date snack, which is why I am posting the recipe here.

Apricot Coconut Balls
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups dried apricots
1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
2/3 cups condensed milk
Extra coconut for rolling

Directions
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Put dried apricots in a food processor to finely chop them.
3. Put chopped apricots in a bowl and add the coconut.
4. Stir the mixture or get your little person to do this.
5. Add condensed milk. Stir again.
6. Pour the extra coconut onto a plate.
7. Roll the mixture into small balls and then roll the balls in the extra coconut. You can get your little person to help you with this.
8. Place finished balls onto the cookie sheet and put them in the fridge to set.
9. Enjoy!

Happy cooking,
Creatively yours,
Maya