Devil's Food Cake with Angel Frosting -- Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!  I hope everyone stopping by has had a wonderful holiday season filled with lots of happy memories!  As much as I want to blog regularly, it seems like every year around the holidays I just can't find the time.  I try not to stress about it and just enjoy the holidays as they seem to fly by so fast.  New Year's Day has arrived and I'm posting a delicious cake from the book Baked Explorations, Devil's Food Cake with Angel Frosting. 


This cake was our January 1st pick for the group Club: BAKED, thank you to Natalie at Just About Food for this choice.  This is my second time baking and blogging about a Devil's Food Cake, you can see my first version, from the book Baking From My Home To Yours, here -- Devil's Food White Out Cake, baked for the group Tuesdays with Dorie.  That time I used a really neat pan set that has a heart tunnel of frosting through the middle. That was my first time making this type of frosting and I absolutely loved it!  It tastes like creamy marshmallow fluff, yum!


This time I went with three 9 inch round cake pans, the recipe calls for two 8 inch pans, but I could only find one 8 inch pan and didn't feel like looking that hard, my set of three 9 inch ones were right where they should be so they got used instead, naughty 8 inch pans taking off on my like that :) I did decrease the baking time to twenty minutes for the three pans and that worked perfectly. 

This cake was absolutely delicious, so moist and chocolaty.  I am usually not a big chocolate cake fan, but this one was really good.  I would make it again if someone requested a Devil's Food Cake, I think this recipe is just perfect. 


My daughter picked which sprinkles to decorate the cake with for a New Year's Eve dessert.  Everyone really enjoyed this cake!  Wishing you a very happy New Year from my family to yours! Looking forward to blogging more and visiting more blogs and sharing lots of delicious recipes in the new year :)