DAY Seven, last day of our trip.

We spent the day picnicking and hiking in Big Basin National Park to enjoy the beauty of the Redwood Forest or as Ellie would call it "The deep, deep, dark forest"
Lola, Poppi, Grandma, Stacie, and Ellie

Ellie was determined to hide inside every hollowed out Redwood tree!


Big Basin had a cute stage that became a dancing platform for the little girls (and the big girls).


My Curious Ellie...
...who was looking for "The Grumpy Old Troll" at each bridge crossing.

Lola and Ellie collected sticks (aka Light Savers) to protect themselves from  Bigfoot, Darth Maul, and the Grumpy Old Troll, who live in the deep, deep, dark forest.






I simply can't make the trek up to Northern California without spending sometime among the magnificent Redwood trees! Santa Cruz always calls my name when I visit my old stomping grounds.