Green Salad with Craisins, Gorgonzola, Pecans, Red Onion and Vinaigrette

I forgot to add the onion before taking this pic.

Most of the ingredients for the salad. Just left the bag of lettuces out of the pic.
I'm starting off the new year with a healthy salad recipe. I don't even know how to name this salad. It's just the salad that I've gotten my last two visits to Zombie Burger. I know, I know, why would someone go to a place called "Zombie Burger" and not eat a burger? Normally I do, but I also really enjoy their chili cheese fries, which come in a basket larger than my head. If I get the salad, then I can eat more chili cheese fries. Plus, the salad is super yummy. Make sense now? 
Zombie burger makes their "Zombie Salad" with all of these ingredients, except they use a raspberry vinaigrette, and I'm using Panera's bottled Balsamic Vinaigrette because I've experimented with raspberry vinaigrettes, and I have yet to find one that pleases me. I know I like the Panera vinaigrette, so I went with it, and it is delicious.
I'm honestly not much of a salad eater. If you look around on this blog, you'll see that I have one other salad recipe: Chinese Chicken Salad (and it's great, by the way). Sometime in my early adulthood I went from non-salad eater, to eater of salad in social situations (like at wedding receptions and on dates where I didn't think it was appropriate to reject the compulsory salad course), to an actual salad eater, someone who enjoys salads even as a main meal. (I still need to figure out the dressing that Ruby's uses on their Chinese Chicken Salad....) It so happens that I met my husband in my social-salad-eater phase, and he is also a picky eater. He eats no salad. EVER. Therefore, I don't make salads very much. I enjoy them when I eat out, which is not very often. Perhaps I should make it my new year's resolution to take more salads to work to eat for lunch.
At any rate, this is a really tasty salad that is relatively easy to make, and I think I will be making it more often. Next time I might even use baby spinach like Trader Joe's does in one of their bagged salads. 
If you make this, of course feel free to adjust the amounts of individual ingredients to suit your taste. This is how I enjoyed it.
Happy New Year!

Green Salad with Craisins, Gorgonzola, Pecans, Red Onion and Vinaigrette

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 bag Dole Sweet Baby Lettuces (or baby spinach)
  • 2 tablespoons Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
  • 2 tablespoons Craisins (sweetened dried cranberries)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped roasted pecans
  • 1-2 tablespoons chopped red onion
  • 2-3 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing (I used Panera's Balsamic Vinaigrette today)


Directions:
Empty the half bag of baby greens into a large-ish bowl. Sprinkle lettuces with Gorgonzola, Craisins, pecans, and onions. Pour dressing all over the salad. Lightly toss with a fork and spoon. Enjoy.

Makes 1-2 servings, depending on whether it's a side or a main dish for you.