My Kitchen My World -- Germany

This week My Kitchen My World visited Germany with our tastebuds. Roxanne of Roxanne's Road Rules picked Germany, thanks, what a fun culinary trip! I made...

Vegetable Strudel -- did you know strudel literally means 'eddy' or 'whirlpool' in German --referring to the rolled pastry that is used to hold a sweet or savory filling? Pretty neat, huh? The filling has beans, potatoes, carrots, and butternut squash, yum!




We had Spaetzle (spatzle), a favorite around here, an egg noodle pasta-ish dough is pressed through a special spaetzle press or colander into boiling broth or water, and prepared like pasta. I have a Norpro spaetzle maker from amazon that was a great deal and is really easy to use.


I also tried my hand at making a tofu schnitzel, which was actually pretty good. Mushroom gravy and green beans rounded out the meal, which was served with giant Bavarian pretzels -- a fun treat that we like to make a few times a year :)