Toasted Almond Lemon Bars


It's Monday and I'm a day late for Sweet Melissa Sundays, sorry guys! Sunday's selection was Toasted Almond Lemon Bars, picked for us to try by Rebecca at Indecisive Baker. I love the name of her blog, I'm also an indecisive baker, and indecisive about many things, I'd rather have someone else pick for me and just enjoy the ride. You can find the recipe for these bars here at Rebecca's site if you do not have The Sweet Melissa Baking Book.


I love almonds and lemon bars and have never combined the two so I was excited to give this recipe a try. The bars were delicious and pretty easy to make. I skipped the second baking of the crust, only baking it for the first 25 minutes covered with foil, then letting cool for a bit and filling with the lemon mixture, then baking the final 30 minutes. I think they turned out lovely.

As for my taste testers...all three kids really enjoyed these bars, and were asking for another bar for dessert, so I'd say these were a huge hit. Picky husband had two bites -- which is pretty good considering he doesn't even want to taste a lot of my baking group picks. He does not usually care for lemon desserts but said these were okay, he'd never tried a lemon bar before and it is always tough to get him to try something new, so I'm glad he at least gave these a chance :)