Red Velvet Whoopie Pies [club: BAKED]


(from the Baked Explorations cookbook)


This week's Club:BAKED recipe was Red Velvet Whoopie Pies. This was another first for me (I don't know how I made it so long without ever trying a whoopie pie, especially since they've been rivaling the cupcake for "cutest dessert" for some time now) and I couldn't have chosen a better recipe for my inaugural whoopie pie.

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

The cream cheese frosting was ridiculous! It was so good I seriously considered scrapping the whole whoopie pie idea and just eating the frosting by the spoonful. Luckily there was more than enough to fill the whoopie pies so I still got to eat the frosting by the spoonful ;)

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies

My pies turned out a little orange-y - I forgot to make sure I had enough food coloring...whoops! Behold, Orange Velvet Whoopie Pies!

Red Velvet Whoopie Pies


You can find the recipe for these on this week's host's blog, as well as in the Baked Explorations cookbook.